The sheer glide performance of a glider is important. But what really matters is the usability of the performance potential in practical conditions:
Technical changes compared to Mentor 2
- 3 D Shaping: We didn't invent it, but it's the first time you see this technique on a Nova wing. The 3 D Shaping technique helps to achieve a cleaner leading edge by connecting several convex fabric pieces on the gliders nose.
- Optimized stabilo: The shape of the stabilo is crucial for a gliders performance. We did some small changes which significantly reduced the drag.
- New shape of the leading edge and the of the intakes: The design of the intake determines the internal pressure, which is decisive for a gliders characteristics. (for example for the stability) We tried many different shapes (first in computer simulation, then in flight tests) until we were finally able to improve this part of the wing as well.
- New brake geometry and reefing system: We could reduce the line length and at the same time improve the handling characteristics.
- More info. at www.nova-wings.com